For many young creatives, modelling is more than simply stepping in front of a camera or walking down a runway it is a form of self-expression, confidence and inspiration. Catherine Njeri, popularly known as Kate, is a young pageant model who is exploring her passion for fashion while pursuing her university studies. With a love for photography, personal style and the desire to inspire aspiring models, Kate is steadily building her journey in Kenya’s fashion industry.
From testing the runway for the first time to drawing inspiration from established fashion personalities, Catherine is learning, growing and setting her sights on an ambitious future that could see her working with major fashion brands, owning her own closet and training the next generation of young models.
Here, she talks about her modelling journey, personal style, balancing university with her passion, her inspirations and her dreams for the future.
Q1. Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself and how you first became interested in modelling and fashion.
Catherine Njeri:
My name is Catherine Njeri, people call me Kate though. I'm a pageant model, who loves expressing her art through pictures. My interest in modeling was triggered by the love of being in front of a camera, inspiring small models who want to see themselves archiving their dreams.
Q2. What inspired you to start pursuing modelling while still in university?
Catherine Njeri:
I wouldn't say anyone inspired me, I knew that is what I wanted, I'd say I inspired myself.
Q3. How would you describe your personal fashion style, and what influences your style the most?
Catherine Njeri:
The thought of looking stunning and standing out is what inspires my sense of fashion.
Q4. What has been your most memorable experience as a young model so far?
Catherine Njeri:
When I first decided to test the runway for the first time, I didn't get the crown but I was among the winners and that motivated me to try other runways.
Q5. How do you balance your university studies with modelling, fashion, and your other commitments?
Catherine Njeri:
It's a matter of self discipline and knowing what you want, it gives you the motive to balance and take control of the things you love doing.
Q6. Who are some Kenyan or international fashion personalities who inspire you, and why?
Catherine Njeri:
I'd say Joyliz Gatugi, she's a model and a brand ambassador, I love her sense of fashion and her means of creating content.
Q7. Where do you see yourself in the next five years, and what would you like to achieve in the Kenyan fashion industry?
Catherine Njeri:
I see myself working with fashion brands or owning my closet and training young models.


No comments:
Post a Comment